Sunday, June 6, 2010

Note To Self # 1: full tank of gas, and a charged cell phone, go a LONG WAY.

uhm...this night got interesting really fast. Decided to drive the gator out into the grapes to see if I could find any wildlife or something, ended up driving way too far past the property, and I ran out of gas. All while I was exploring, I was texting a friend, and then when the gas runs out, so did my phone battery. So I had to trek back home to get the gas tank, and answer to two upset parents, which, by the way, that trek, was about a 1/2 mile away from my house, through three separate vineyards.

So, I get home, and put my phone on the charger, and there's a few texts from her, and then I text her back letting her know what happened, and I get a text back with this:
"You scared me!! :/ PLEASE check gas and phone before leaving!!!"
I'm really glad she cares, because most of my friends would be like "dude, you're an idiot." At first I tried to make light of the situation, and just kind of go "whoops, mybad", and roll on, but after further realizing what went down, it wasn't the smartest move.

It was dark, and Arvin's orchards/vineyards aren't the best at night, thanks to the local drunks and sky-highers. So me running a 1/2 mile (yes, I can run a 1/2 mile) back home, in the dark, without my I.D, or a charged cell phone, is in fact, a BAD IDEA. My parents got upset, as any caring parents should, and I just want to apologize to them for being dumb and not thinking all the way, and I want to apologize to the girl I was texting for scaring you, unintentionally, like I did.

So, now I'm not going to be driving the gator for a while...

...I guess I'll just stick to driving the arcade games at the local theater for now...

No comments:

Donate a buck or two!