Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Seasons They Are A Changin'

Today was awesome. I want to leave it at that and let you wonder why it was so awesome, but I don't want to be mean, now do I?

So, this is why it was awesome.

Early morning: Slept in. Felt great.

Mid morning: went to work, started the day off right with all the cool people I work with at Chick Fil A.

noonish: Random guy asked me if I was Jake, and I said "yea, thats me. What can I do for you sir?"
This reply made me get the stupidest smile on my face: "Oh, I just wanted to say I love your blog."

Early afternoon: Slow crowd at work, but great people to serve. Had a lot of fun getting to chat a little with some people about their jobs and such.

mid afternoon: This is where it gets really good. Girls soccer team from up north is apparently in town to play another college in town. 14 or so girls my age, and all super happy and hyper. I'm having a good time cracking jokes with them, talking soccer and such with them. They ordered a ton of food. like, eight 12-count nugget meals, five 4-strip chicken meals, etc. With being so athletic, they gotta load up on the carbs to burn during a game. Anyway, we're standing at the counter getting the food ready to take out, and my manager asks "hey Jake, what's your number again?" I catch onto what she's doing and tell her no, and still have a stupid smile on my face. I really didn't care, but it was still fun to try to get her not to do it. She slips this little card onto one of the 5 or so trays we were taking out with "Call me. ***-**** - Jake."

I thought she went through with it, and figured one of them would call me, but as the afternoon grew on, I was telling my other co-worker who clocked in later for the evening shift about it, and she goes "oh yea, this paper?" I flipped and called her an evil jerk who never wants me to have a girlfriend, and she just laughed. It was definitely a hilarious highlight to the afternoon, and I gotta love the pranks this girl pulls every so often. She's one of those types that doesn't always prank people, but when she does, she gets them good.

now it's late, and I'm jumping on math homework tonight. I actually enjoy math right now, even over my favorite subject (history). Maybe it's because I'm not a fan of the book, and I've read all the stuff I'm learning a lot, and even been to a few of the locations we've read about. It seems pointless to me now because I already know this. I want to not know something and learn about it. Like math. I suck at it, and I'm getting it because it's explained easier now to me, and I'm learning it 'new'. I'll get through it though. I have to in order to transfer south.

Anyway, as a final note of the night, here's my thoughts on Apple (since the Keynote was today for iOS5 and the iPhone 4S).

It's nothing special, and I'm not upgrading my phone just to be faster and a better camera. Heck, that's why I'm saving up for a Canon 7D). I just don't get why people are complaining about the keynote, when we pretty much knew going in what it was going to be this year. I give it a year, and we could very well have the legitimate iPhone 5, and even possibly the AppleTV I'm dreaming about. Now THAT's something I'd save up for. Imagine the possibilities with that...

alright, I think this covers enough for now, I'll try to blog more on here than I have recently. But if you haven't seen my side project, my great friend Austen and I are authors of our own Disney site now. It's just a site about Disney facts and history on things. It's geared towards those that DO NOT know the stuff us big(ger) fans do, and it explains it (All things Disneyland) for those that want to know what we know. We have a facebook page, as well. Like it, and get the word out to your friends! Word of mouth for our site definitely helps us out! And who knows, we may even have a contest or something if we get enough likes/fans/followers/whatever you want to call yourselves.
Here's those links, and feel free to check them out!

Disney Park Secrets: LINK 

Facebook Page: LINK

No comments:

Donate a buck or two!