Friday, June 15, 2012

Coasting and Rolling on Life

The past few months have been really rough. Between my uncle dying, starting a solid 40-hour work week every week on top of full-time school, I'm tired. And this is just junior college.

A lot of stress and tired feelings have been from trying to figure out how to plan the next two to three years of life. You know, my major, career, etc. I've realized that my core focus is writing. I love to write and tell stories and even write opinion pieces. Directing or producing just isn't totally my thing, even though I do love the art of it, I want to enjoy it through my friends in the industry as just that.

I'm not worried about my career so much now that I realized I want to double major in  English and Child/Family Psychology, with a minor in Communications. The Comm. Minor will be beneficial to bot majors, and the majors themselves will give me great opportunities to get a job with a wide variety of places. From Teaching to publishing to marketing, I can do a lot of great things. Not sure if I want to get a BA or MA right at the start, but definitely get my MA over time, and eventually my Doctorate.

Now that I have my college figured out, and I know this is the route I want to take, the stress is left off a bit that I don't need to worry about planning this part out now. Ultimately, I'm very happy with my decision.


Now with another topic that has been pretty hot with me lately.


I love Disney and theme parks. But lately I'm tired of dealing with the people who find something wrong with everything anyone does. There's no need to nit pick every detail about the new CarsLand if it's not "in story" when the world's security helps the safety of guests over story lines.

I was even considering eliminating every trace of MainStreetJake. I was just wanting to start new. But then I had a realization, thanks to my parents and close friends, that I need to just block and ignore the people that are overly negative about the park, and continue to love my passion of theme parks and Disney.

So with that, I want to show you a bit of what I, my bro Austen, and Luke are working on.





We're currently Developing a site that will hopefully rival MiceChat and others. We feel the need to counteract the negativity with positive nature. This isn't going to be just another fan site. We're working on making it a place for the uber fans, and the 1-2 time a year guests can talk and enjoy details of Southern California theme parks together, without a line between those that know the secrets of each park, and those that don't. That's all I'm going to say on the topic now, but if you want to follow us on facebook or twitter, check here for updates: 



We're hoping to get the site up and running by the fall sometime, but it may be sooner. This is going to be a great labor of love, and hopefully something that takes off. We all hope you enjoy the future site, and will consider it your one-stop destination online for theme park information. 

You'll be on the right track, after all. 

2 comments:

Sam said...

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with for Theme Parksters. I enjoy them parks myself, so I'm stoked :)

Sam said...

I'm excited to see what you guys come up with for Theme Parksters. I really enjoyed the Disney Secrets blog you and Austen came up with. I learned a lot of stuff I had no clue of for Disney! (BTW, completely agree about the Disney fans who get butt her about the smallest detail. Bugs me just as much as you do). I can't wait to see the Theme Parksters website, I'm stoked for ie!

Donate a buck or two!