Monday, October 22, 2012

Paradise Dreams

Reworked an old work I wrote a while back. Let me know what you think of this. 



I miss the beach.
I want to feel the cold Pacific Ocean surround me as I surf through the barrel of that perfect breaking left wave as the latest storm rolls in from the middle of ocean.
That sticky feeling of dried saltwater after surfing, and my hair’s all a mess 'cause I left my hat at home.
I want the smell of my favorite local seafood place just up the block from the sand, swirling its tempting, salty, buttery aromas in front of me, luring my stomach into endless groans of hunger.

Then,
There's my girl.
The girl who is right next to me on the waves.
The girl who constantly loves to run her fingers playfully through my messy head of hair.
That same girl who walks with me hand in hand, playing with my fingers, walking up to that restaurant right off the beach, and we smile at the owners as we walk in, and chat about the earlier surf session.
The same girl who leaves her car parked down at the beach, and we decide to walk back to her house up the hill.
The girl that wants me, and only me to kiss her goodnight, but somehow delays it for forty five minutes as we end up sitting and talking under that soft yellow glow of the single porch light, watching the storm creep closer on the horizon.
And as we say goodnight, I can still imagine it all going on as if it were yesterday.

College in the Midwest sucks when you grow up your whole life living in paradise.

No comments:

Donate a buck or two!