Monday, June 27, 2011

New House Project

Ok, some of you were wondering what I meant by my facebook status and tweet earlier. Well, to explain:

I've lived at the same location my entire life, but we bought a new house two doors down from the house I grew up in. The house between my current house, and old house is being fixed up, and since I know everyone around here, they're letting me live in it, so I can "further my independence" or something like that. Living a house a way from my parents isn't really that independent, but hey, I get a house all to myself, I'll take it.

So, since no one's lived in it for like, ever, and considering it's been used as a storage house for some years now, we have A LOT to clean up and fix, but I'm excited about this project. So, this is what it looks like now:

 The front.
 the back. The roof was recently re-done.
 bedroom.
 living room. currently the gym.
 laundry 'room'.
kitchen area.


It looks terrible right now, and I can almost understand if you think this is a demo for the upcoming season of Hoarders, but its not. Now I've got a new project to take under my wing. This is going to be a lot of fun to turn into the super rad bachelor pad that I'm imagining it to be.

And a final note:
this is why I'm not at Disneyland a lot this year. Have to work on projects like this before I can really kick it at the parks with everyone like I did last year. I WILL be there Late July/ Early August, but after that, it's unknown. 

3 comments:

CJA510 said...

Duuude! This is awesome! I can't wait to see what you do with it. So what ideas do you have for this bachelor pad??

Red Leader said...

I'm thinking modern and vintage. Kind of like the pad Sam Flynn has. that same style.

Anonymous said...

this sounds really cool! please update us with pictures of the progress frequently

-17yo

Donate a buck or two!