Thursday, February 24, 2011

Catch and Release

 Surfing Magazine's new back-magazine section. 
Girl in just a shirt. Heather Rose is nothing short of amazing. 


Have you ever had those girls walk into your life that you know that they're nothing short of amazing? I'm talking the ones who's presence walks into the room well before they do? The ones that as soon as you gaze at them, your entire insides completely drop out, and you're left looking like a fish gasping for air. Yea, those girls.

I've had a few of those walk into my life.

I've dated a few of those girls.

And what happened? I messed things up.

I never cheated on them, but I got bored. Maybe it was just high school and learning how to deal with girls, but after 2 or 3 months, it was just blah. I wanted to start new and move onto a new girl. So I was a gentleman, or as much as I could be, backed out of the so-called relationship, and moved onto the next girl, or decided to fly solo and chill with my bros. Actually, some of the best memories I had of high school was ditching a bi-monthly 5th period photography class to run over to the gas station, buy some Arizona teas, and kick it in the back alley of the gas station playing card games with my friends or just standing around talking about surfing, movies, and girls.

Thing is, looking back at some of those girls, I wish I didn't let some of them go. There's one in particular that's a total beach babe. Sandy blond/red hair, Irish background. Cute smile, and an even more adorable laugh. One that makes you believe butterflies are born from that laugh. What happened? She got tired of me bouncing around the subject of being in a relationship with her. Tired of me playing the game. 


What am I going to do about this? What can I finally do about the glory girls of high school? I'm a senior, with less than five months left before I move onto college. Now that's a new story. College. That's the pro's, right? No more minor leaguing with high school. College Girls. These girls are no longer really girls, but women. And women that know how to get a man's attention. 

I guess I can fly solo until I get drafted to the pro's this fall.

No comments:

Donate a buck or two!