Monday, February 7, 2011

A Word, Please.. Number one!

This is the first of a potentially weekly column here on the Hangout. Each week I'll interview a cast members that work the resorts. It's a fun way to get to know a name, and learn some fun facts about the people that work at the Happiest Place On Earth. If you want to be interviewed and featured on here, send an e-mail to mainstreetjake@yahoo.com, or at my twitter (link's on the right side of this page)

Now, for the first interview-ee! 

Name: Tisa

Age: 38

Hometown: I've lived so many places, I wouldn't even know which to pick. Maybe, Colton Ca.

Favorite Disney Character: Maleficent! She's been my favorite since I can remember. She's just so feisty and care free. I always admired that about her. 

Life motto: Treat others the way you want to be treated.

Where do you work in the resort? I work in West Side Stores, which translates to Main Street USA, Adventureland, Frontierland, New Orleans Square and Critter Country. I am also a hat writer. 

Favorite Disney Ride? Haunted Mansion, hands down!

iPhone or Blackberry? I haven't had an iPhone, and my old BB made me want to throw it at the wall, several times a day, sooo...ill say iPhone. 

What’s something you do every day, without exception? Kiss my cockatiels good morning and good night. I have 3. Chicken, Hunny Pot and Valentine. 

Best Cast Member memory to date? Oh, this is recent too! About 2 weeks ago a CM friend and I were on the Haunted Mansion, we had just boarded the Doom Buggie. As we were going up the first incline, the CM working there came up to us and scared us. As she and I were screamimg and laughing, right before the left turn in to the Mansion, he came back and scared us even more! By far, the best spin around the grave yard. 

Worst memory to date? My boyfriend and I were in DCA. It was close to the time where Paradise Pier starts to close down for WoC. Now, I don't work attractions, and never utilized the single rider lines for anything. So I'm not exactly sure how they work. The bf and I wanted to head over to DLR befoe WoC traffic gets bad and I wanted to see the first showing of Fansasmic!. I thought, hey I can jump on Screamin' real quick while the bf goes to the restroom. So I bop over to the single rider line and walk up and wait. A CM there tells me, I need a pass from the CM at the front of the attraction. I state I saw no signage telling me that. He said, you could go get one now, but the queue will be closed before you get back. I argued a little bit saying it's not my fault that rule isn't clear. He wouldn't budge. I was the only one in that line, and getting very irritated. I asked to speak to his lead. He said, sure and had me wait near the elevators. After waiting for 15 minutes (no lie. At this point I was furious as I would never waste a guests time like that) someone came to me and said their lead was on lunch. So, I could either wait or miss Fan. I chose Fan, but very disapointed in DCA. I never disclosed I was a CM either. 

Favorite musician? That's a hard one, I admire so many. Today, well go with Bradley Nowel. 

Best text you’ve ever gotten? From my boyfriend, telling me he loved me for the first time. Awwww.

Mac or PC? PC!!!

What do you think will happen in 2012? I hope not that movie, it was dreadfully long and boring. 

You’re in charge of the Disney resort for a week: what do you do? Bring back Halloween Time! 

Best Disney Park: The original, Disneyland. Walt walked that park. Lived there. Created it. His heart and soul are there. You just can't compare that to the Disney Duplicates. 

Favorite Johnny Depp movie: Ahhhhh!! Sweeney Todd!!! I could recite and sing the whole thing. 

Mickey D’s or BK? Taco Bell!

No comments:

Donate a buck or two!