Wednesday, February 16, 2011

College and All That Stuff

So applying for college is pretty interesting. I drove up to the local college here in town and started applying to be a new student on campus, and had to already jump through hoops and start rounding all the bases to get ready for summer and the future fall classes. It's a new world. College. It can be four years of hard parties, cram sessions, and running around late to classes, or as I plan for it to be: low key, on time, full of studying, but enough time for a decent social life the way I want it (screw the parties, I'll have my fun just chilling with friends in the backyard by the fire pit with my coffee. On top of that, time to still blog and do some video/photography work on the side.

It's going to be a great four-plus years. I'm looking forward to getting my basics out of the way here in Hillbilly Hell, saving my money, getting a car and some new gadgets, and then transferring to a four-year school down in what I consider my personal glory land: Southern California. Despite the traffic, and apparent bad air (people give me a break. Bakersfield is ranked higher on the list of 'bad air' cities.), I love SoCal. It has some of the most diverse people, from all walks of life, and it's spread out. No one's on top of each other like Chicago or New York. The weather's great, food's amazing, and there's the Pacific Ocean.

Life's finally starting. As scary as it may be to start out on my own, it's starting.

No comments:

Donate a buck or two!