Friday, August 5, 2011

Hired and Tired

Alright, I have a sec to post something.

Yesterday was a ton of fun. From getting 3 hours of sleep, to having job orientation, it was pretty insane. I woke up, took my granddad to a doctor appointment, because he wasn't allowed to drive (medical reasons), had breakfast with him, back home and worked at my first job (family company, so I can pretty much make my own hours), got cleaned up, drove to Chick-fil-a to do job orientation, over to Target to find non-slip restaurant shoes for work, back home, cleaned the house with my mom, then had to go help some friends get their car towed from alongside highway 99 at around midnight. Back home to finish building a lego set, then I finally crawled into bed at around 2am, only to get up at 6am, and help my granddad take his puppy to the vet to be groomed. I have a feeling this weekend is going to contain a lot of me sleeping.

To touch on some stuff real quick:


Job orientation was great! My manager is really cool, and gave us a full tour of the place, telling me and the two other guys that were hired alongside me the ins and outs of the place. Really cool to see how the food is handmade every day (if you didn't know Chick Fil a HAND BREADS their chicken, not just daily, but COOKED TO ORDER. How many fast food places do that? Not many other than CFA). Lots of really nice people I'm going to be working with too. Can't wait to start training Monday night.

Is there any cool style of restaurant shoe, or are they all kinda off-looking style wise? haha I don't have a problem with it either way, but it's funny to see how bland the shoe styles are for those. Why not have style AND safety?

I've recently seen a lot of somewhat cool stuff in parking lots. Like this stuff:
 Jack Johnson Fan!
 But are they a fan of Owling? Let's hope not. But I do hope they're a fan of Hooters.
 Whoo! : )
Is this Swahili for 'I love you fast metal gazelle'? 

No comments:

Donate a buck or two!