Thursday, August 11, 2011

Two Days of Shiftwork, still alive

Family tradition: whenever one of us kids does something 'life changing' or 'new', 
we take a photo in front of this tree...


Geez, You'd think I'd have died by now given how hectic Chick Fil A can get. I love this job so stinking much. It's definitely a lot of fun working that fast. I was shocked tonight when I was told to go on my 10-min break, and saw that two hours already passed.

Tonight was night two of training, and this time around they gave me a shot at working the register at drive through. I spent a good while learning to press the right buttons, as my co-worker would speak for me at the drive through, since I'm still working on correctly speaking to the guests with the usual CFA "I'd be happy to serve you", " *insert co-worker's name* will be serving you at the window" etc. As the night drew on, I did start doing that at the same time, but gosh it's hectic when you're trying to hear what the guest is saying, punch the order into the machine, get the drinks ready, and make sure you didn't miss anything they said, while trying to let them know their total, which window to pull to, and then helping bag the food for the window. I know that over time I'll catch onto working this madness, but gosh it was a difficult time the first go-around. I did pretty good for my first night though, according to the rest of my crew though, so I'm glad I did at least somewhat decent, apparently.

Overall, I'm beyond blessed to have such a great crew to work with, and a phenomenal place to work at. Really glad I got this job.

For now though, I'm going to sleep dreaming of peach shakes and chicken nuggets.
I'll be happy to serve you....
....tomorrow morning. ;) 

No comments:

Donate a buck or two!