Sunday, August 28, 2011

Life in the Fast Lane

Man life has been insane lately. After D23 Last weekend, I got home, did stuff around the house Sunday, and then once Monday landed, I hit the ground running and haven't stopped much, if at all since. So here's a re-cap of the week for me:

Monday: Woke up, drove to Taft, picked up my books, drove to work, had work from 9-2, then back out to Taft for the first college classes of the semester. Had classes from 3-8, drove home, worked on homework until 12:30, and crashed around 1am.

Tuesday: Worked a long shift, scared one of my co-workers by standing in front of a door with a small window. All I did was crouch at the window so all she saw was from my nose to the top of my head, and as she rounded the corner to walk through the door, she totally freaked out. Had the rest of my co-workers in stitches from the little prank.

Wednesday - Work and School. nothing really exciting.

Thursday - Was supposed to have the day off from work, but ended up covering a shift for someone. Didn't really mind, because it means more money for me.

Friday - Great day! Worked from 12-5, and then had Karaoke with my co-workers later that night. After I got off my shift, I ran over and killed two hours before the work party, and saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Thought it was good, but a bit slow. Granted, it's understandable, considering it has to explain how the apes become intelligent. Overall, it was just 'alright' for me. Not a movie I'd pay to see again at the Box Office, but would consider renting a few times.

And now for the high light of the week.

After the movie I ran over to Starbucks, grabbed an iced coffee and drove over to the restaurant. I pull up to the restaurant, grab my button up shirt from the backseat, and let my car run so I can still listen to music as I button up my shirt standing outside my car. WELL, this is literally something you can't write. As I get my arms through the shirt, I happen to RE-LOCK my car door. You also must know that my car door is really stupid and closes on its own. as I get my shirt buttoned up...the door shuts.

I turn around to open my door again, assuming its still unlocked.


I now realize that it's locked.


And running.

With my stereo blasting my friday night party playlist.


So, I run inside the restaurant, ask my manager for her phone, call my parents (who were cross-town at a fantasy football draft), and tell them. My mom just starts laughing on the other end of the line.

Well, everyone inside at this point knows what is going on, and Megan and Destin, two of my co-workers who I'm good friends with come out and wait with me. (major thanks to them for waiting outside with me. It was still a good 85-90 degrees outside at 8:30pm)

My parents come over, we get AAA to unlock the car, and I proceed with my night. But geez, it was definitely one of the dumbest things I've ever done, and I'm humbly posting this, because there was a lot of text messages I was getting friday night asking if it really happened.

And now on Sunday, I'm polishing up my first week of college homework, and trying to figure out what to do for dinner. My life is never a dull moment, and I love every minute of it. 

1 comment:

Rollercoaster said...

I know life has become really crazy busy for you, but you've got this! Stay strong, brother!
~Belle

Donate a buck or two!