Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mice Banned

The more and more I think about this, the more pathetic and lame it sounds. But none the less, you're probably here to find out why I'm now a 'banned user' on MiceChat.

Well, I'll let you know!


But first, let me explain my thoughts on MiceChat. Originally, the site used to be great. Full of happy people all congregating to talk about Disney, and if there was a difference of opinion, people simply agreed to disagree, and moved on.

But now, there's cliques. There's sides to arguments. There's debates over the stupidest stuff. Main Street Paint Schemes, for example. (P.S that's what got me suspended from the site a long time ago) Go ahead. Read that article, and tell me how absurd people are. Granted, I was in the wrong on some wording, and probably should have let sleeping dogs lie, but geez, a guy trying to help out and show that it's absurd to talk about such a thing gets a LOT of flack for stepping in. There was even an argument that the new Triton statue on the new Little Mermaid attraction was exactly ONE CENTIMETER off from being in line with the railings inside Paradise Park.

The site went negative. It turned to the Dark Side like Anakin Skywalker. And this time, there is no cookies here. And if they are, they're those bland and dry cookies your aunt always makes for the family get togethers. The ones no one wants to touch. That's what happened to MiceChat. It became the cookie people never wanted to touch.

So what does this have to do with me? Well, I tried to be a part of the group that tried to change MiceChat back on course to what it was. There's still people on the site fighting the good fight. But I couldn't take it anymore, so I decided to go out with a bang. Do something not many would expect from the guy that's the All American. The good guy who tries to do no wrong. I sockpuppetted, and legitimately trolled the site.

I created the icanhasfoam account, and went to the site and had a little fun with it, as you can see:

Photo Courtesy of @boy33 on twitter.




 This was 1) Over MiceChat being stupid and leaking inside photos of the newly redesigned Star Tours attraction, and 2) just in general to mess with people, and potentially provide some entertainment to an otherwise DEAD and GONE forum.

Am I sorry I did it? Not really. The people need to wake up and realize that there is more to life than sitting at home all the time on your computer and complaining about things they have ZERO control over. And ontop of that, I wanted out, and when I decide to leave, I with with my own style.

There ARE some nice people I have met on the site, I will give them that. There ARE normal people. BUT they are few and far between. Thankfully a lot of those normal people are on my twitter and facebook accounts.

MiceChat will more than likely continue to go on with their usual complaints and banter about how the Corn Dog Castle's new design isn't period appropriate, and how ECV's need to be out of the park because one broke a fireplace on Main Street.

And what am I going to be doing? I'll be over here blogging about not only Disney, but my life (because all four of you love to know what I'm doing), sports, surfing, movies, and whatever else is fun to talk about. But not all the time. There's never a set post schedule to my site. Because y'know, I actually have a life outside of cyberspace. That, and I gotta go to class. College doesn't wait for anyone you know..

so with that, let's all bid a fairwell to the FoamTards of MiceChat, and welcome in a new chapter of life.






EDIT:


oh, and a final note: their MiceEars Crew Members...don't play by the rules. Check out the personal attack...but not really. Yea...you're not gonna find it now. They deleted it.

11 comments:

FI183 said...

The way you left was just HILARIOUS! I can't stop laughing it's so funny! You were a great member to the site and wish you well!

Patrick 'PJ' Campbell said...

Man, that makes so much sense now. I saw you pop into the Marvel thread at one point by your post got buried under the fight with some of the foamers...Yeah...I just figured you'd been taking a break from the site. Helluva way to go out man, I commend you. The place is a trainwreck now. It really doesn't deserve any of our time. I like your exit. :)

Infocast said...

Now I have to say, I enjoy the updates from MiceChat, but I have not and never been a fan of forums, so I stay out of them 99% of the time and miss the bad stuff and gladly can count myself amongst the sane non-foamers.

So while I'll continue to pick and choose how I enjoy MC, I do just have to tell this story:

I was at the brunch with Jack Lindquist--a very well put together event that I enjoyed immensely. My boyfriend tagged along and is completely clueless to this sort of stuff. Part of the way through the mingling time my boyfriend needed to use the restroom and walked up to the closest person to ask where it was. This person he happened to walk up to was either Fishbulb or DustySage (can't remember which) who, before the bf could ask which way to the toilet, the MCer stuck his hand out and in the most cocky voice possible said "hey, I'm FB/DS", completely expecting my bf to fall all over himself that he was in the presence of such greatness. The bf awkwardly shook his hand back and said "uh, I just needed the bathroom".

Maybe it was more hilarious there while it was happening, but I have never in my life seen someone so expectant of fawning.

Shame that it's come to this.

thelastking said...

You will be missed by all members of the Teen Scene and most of RCMC. I wouldn’t normally support “Suicide by Mod”, but honestly the pessimist of the “Celebrate” The Park Forms infuriate me in a way I didn’t think random idiots on the internet ever could. I think it’s the idea that these people are lucky enough to afforded regular trips to Disneyland and still can only complain about life. But regardless, you were one of the best things on the site, and I hope you stay in contact with the few normal people of micechat, because we honestly like you!
WilliamtheKing, over and out!

Unknown said...

It was even funnier when I read your posts with a Foamy the Squirrel voice. Kudos Jake.

Disney Analyst said...

I really enjoy everything you post, sad to see you go.. I've been on the site since 2005... I was like.. 15 at the time.. was such a great place, there was lots of complaining back then as well, I got into many fights with people.. As I got older (now 20) I got a job, became busy, and have not posted as much, or cared enough to fight people about such trivial things. I follow you in twitter (Evnkas) and look forward to more posts by you!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you Jake, the site took a turn for the worst a whie ago.

I got banned form the site myself when I called out a few folks for their excessive negativity and just plain nutty expectations. One of them was a regular columnist, whatever. You would think if you are going to cover the parks weekly in your column, you would at least be somewhat realistic about the world and business instead of constantly sounding like a holier than thou know it all.

The one that took the cake was the restaurant review of Fortune Cookery where the columnist ordered all the sauces on the side then complained that the food without the sauce was bland and the sauce without the food was overpowering. Huh? Who would ever think to review a restaurant and not order the food the way the chef created the dish? Someone who is either clueless or deliberately looking to find fault.

Anyway, I will continue to enjoy the parks and will go elsewhere for sneek peeks. So long MiceChat.

Anonymous said...

really? This was your "going out with a bang"? Please.

Red Leader said...

to whomever commented last:

yea it was. It was fun. People liked it. If you didn't think it was great, then why waste your time replying back with a comment? Move on, and be a bit more mature.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mainstreetjake,

This is FutureImagineer, not to be confused with futureimagineer183. I couldn't think of another way to contact you. I was just wondering if you are still working on the RCT model of California Adventure. You messaged me a while ago about using some ideas and I loved to see how it's going.

Anyway, I also wanted to tell you that I recently was deducted reputation points on micechat (not that I really care that much) for a harmless question I posted. So in response I sent a long message to the admins about micechat in general and its flaws. I still visit the site to see updates, but I don't usually post. I think it might be time to move on from the site, I am also going off to college in the fall.

Hope everything is well with you.

Thanks,
FutureImagineer

Red Leader said...

Future Imagineer - hows it going dude?! Long time no chat. If you want to contact me outside of these comment boxes, feel free to send me an e-mail @ mainstreetjake@yahoo.com. I'm also on twitter as the same user name.

Micechat's rep points system is a total joke. Too many people jump the gun and hurt others by de-repping them.

My RCT2 disc pretty much fell to pieces, unfortunately. I might try to get another one on e-bay if I can. I've actually moved onto working on real life models of the parks with legos. I haven't done much yet, but if you look on here, there's a few posts about the nemo bay, and monorail station that I made entirely out of legos. hope you enjoy those.

Hope to hear from you soon!
> MSJ

Donate a buck or two!