Friday, April 15, 2011

Referral Day: Three Years Later

Three years ago today, we got the first photos of my sister. We were in town, and got the call that we had our (what agencies call) 'match'. We rushed over to my dad's office, and crowded around his computer to get the first look of our newest family member. This is one of the first glimpses we had.

SUCH A CUTIE.


And now, three years later, I've got one of the coolest sisters any brother can have. Sure, she gets on my nerves at times, but what 3, almost 4 year old doesn't do that? She's always saying something that gets me to laugh, and she's crazy smart for her age. Just the other day I was driving to town, and she was in the backseat. I had my iPhone playing music on shuffle, and Michael Buble's song 'Haven't Met You Yet' comes on. Before he started singing, she had already said the song title, and followed up with "JAKE! This is Michael Buble! I love Michael Buble!". What three year old does this?!
Watching one of her favorite movies (Karate Kid)

It's crazy to think she's only been with us three years. I can remember life without her, but I don't really want to. The past three years have been SO awesome, and I can't wait for the rest of time to pass as she grows up. Mom doesn't like talking about it, but I really can't wait for her to get to high school age and hearing stories of what petty drama she has to deal with (like any teenage girl does), and I can have fun scaring her boyfriends off too!

Time is on our side, and I can't wait to see my little Nan grow up. Happy Referral Day Sis!

No comments:

Donate a buck or two!