Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fourth of July

So my fourth of July was rather unorthodox. I ended up in the emergency room. No, not because a friend and I had a roman candle war. It was because I somehow contracted a infection in a scrape I got while skimboarding in Newport Beach last weekend.

It started out as just any other leg scrape. Just some shredded skim, then the scab....but then it didn't just eventually fall off. It started to get warm, and swell. So after dealing with this for two days, I was closely watching it, and finally my mom couldn't take it any more, and we were off to the ER in the morning.

I get checked in, and wait.


And wait.


And wait.

 Totally felt like I was Phil..but at least I remember why I was there.
 Me and my mom.
This thing sucks.


Finally we're called back, the doctor looks at my leg, comes to the conclusion that its infected, and that I need some heavy doses of anti-biotics. So now I've got these pills that even horses are afraid to swallow, and an insane amount of drowsiness from them to boot.


But after getting out of the ER, I grabbed some El Pollo Loco with my mama and went back home. The nighttime was a LOT better, considering the fireworks we shot off. See, living outside of the town, we can get a way with more things. I had a friend come over with his stash of awesomely colorful explosives. We all had a great time shooting roman candles across the street. Hurt my leg to stand for a bit though..but overall it was a LOT of fun.













No comments:

Donate a buck or two!