Thursday, July 21, 2011

World Domination! Or At Least The Entertainment World.

 Recently I've been having some thoughts. Nothing too in depth, just ideas and dreams of the future. Recently, I've had a friend send me a link on a news article about Lego. Being a big fan of the company, I was excited to see what this was all about. Turns out, I was definitely not disappointed.

If you get it by now, good. If you still have no idea what I'm talking about, then you must not get underlying mentions and tones. But that's okay, because I'm still going to explain it. 


Marvel signed a deal with Lego to make new Lego sets featuring several characters from the Marvel universe. These aren't coming out any time soon, which is actually a good thing, considering I still have to spend my money on the Pirates sets! The Marvel Lego sets are going to be released May of 2012, so we all have time to save up for the potentially awesome bricked adventures of the Avengers. 

This is where my train of thought kicked in, and actually, my mom is the one that got me thinking about this.
So major props to my mom! 


What if Marvel is the first step? You see, Disney now OWNS Marvel. So technically, Disney signed this deal with Lego. Which means Disney is making money off these future sets. But see, Disney also has a regular deal with their own company title too. Disney sets have been slowly cranking out with themes of Prince of Persia, and Pirates. Not to mention the OTHER sub company Pixar with Toy Story 3, and the recently released Cars 2 sets. 
For those that are wondering why they didn't first release this...well, it comes out in November. Save your cash! I know I am. 


So where am I going with this? Well, what if the relationship with Lego and Disney furthers? Will we see more sets being made from other films? Also, what if they got into the model sets and made Disney park model sets? I'm sure people outside the Disney fan community would fork out enough to build a model of the famous castle. Maybe even Big Thunder, or Matterhorn. They wouldn't be huge sets, but a good enough size to get your money's worth. However, that's getting off-track a bit.

The question stands though: WHAT IF Disney and Lego become REAL close. Will we eventually see a buy-out of at least part of lego? Imagine of Disney bought out LegoLand, or at least the operations to it. I know the park would enhance eve more, and that could very well open up land opportunities for more west coast parks; just spread out a bit farther. But that could bring in a good thing for the rest of the company with possibly a west coast version of Magic Express, or whatever they call it in Florida, AND the DVC could open up great deals on two-place stays in Anaheim and Carlsbad. 

It's all a VERY big pipe dream, but I think eventually something like this is possible. Here's hoping something like this happens in the future. I'd definitely be a very happy fanboy if my two favorite companies merged like this.

No comments:

Donate a buck or two!